Monday, January 13, 2014

With Eyes Wide Open

I cannot believe how much I learn from taking pictures.  I learn more about how to take better pictures but I also learn some valuable lessons.  Well, I am not sure I am learning them, I think I already knew them but seeing them in pictures makes me really believe the value of what is portrayed in the picture is generally what is practiced in real life. Perhaps, I should say that it shows things that should not happen in real life.

Picture 1 - This photo was taken at eye level with The Lady


Picture 2 was taken with the camera looking down on The Lady


While looking at these two photos this is what was reinforced in my thinking.  In the first picture The Lady looks strong and competent, someone who is an equal and would be respected.  However, the second photo makes The Lady looks more child-like in stature and as if she is someone who could be easily manipulated and taken advantage of without a lot of effort.  This is just like in real life.  When someone is looking down on a person they say them as smaller and weaker and when you are looking up at someone you see them as someone who has more power.  So, the next time I go for an interview or to talk to someone about a job, I am going to make sure that we are both on the same level. Maybe if they have a chair that will place their eye-level above mine, I will sit at the edge of my seat or be bold and stand up.  If I am going to walk the path of the Warrior then I can't give away my power.  When I speak of the Warrior, I mean someone who handles their power with responsibility and discipline and does not use it for evil purposes.

Happy Trails, until we meet again.



No comments:

Post a Comment