Thursday, January 9, 2014

Doing the Dance of Chaos

Confusion
I am sitting at my computer thinking Dance but that isn't going to happen because, to be more exact, I am sitting at my computer with a bag of snow on my injured foot, a boggled mind, and no desire to add another thing to my confusion.  I am feeling like I am sitting on a balance scale and all it would take is the added weight of a feather to knock me right off.  Enough of that!  I have ammunition and a loose plan to get myself to a better place and it is not Hawaii, in fact, funny thing, I am housesitting for a couple who is in Hawaii.

Ammunition
Piece One

Balance

Piece 2
I am enjoying living in Alaska but I don't have enough to do.  I am a person who loves to keep busy but if I don't have enough to do I find myself something else to love:  sitting home, eating, and watching TV.  I am not too worried because I have just one piece of the puzzle missing and a few pieces waiting to be put into place.  The missing piece is a job and the waiting pieces are in the form of self-education.  In Anchorage they have OLE (a series of non-graded enrichment classes for those who some like to call seniors.  One reasonable nominal fee is required for a whole year of classes.  I signed up for Tracing Family History, Poetry as Memoir, and Journaling.  They start next Wednesday (the 15th) and I am ready.  

Piece 3

This morning, I was looking at two magazines that were just waiting on the coffee table to be picked up by someone needy like me.  Needy as in:  in need of something to concentrate on besides my own personal (small) tragedies.  I only read the large print headlines but I found quite a few things to concentrate on and to journal about so I am considering these to be the third piece of ammunition.

Possible Journal Entries:  A Journey Through Time (the only thing that stays constant in my life), Staying True (Roots and Beliefs), Leaving, Visions, You Can and Must Keep Moving, Miles and Miles Before I Sleep, Wandering, Afterlife, Free, Courage, and Reserves (What is left after...). 



Personal Story Board

Pieces 4 & 5
The last two pieces of ammo are my computer and my camera.  My computer for job applications and personal picture sharing and blogging, and scrapbooking.  My camera is what keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Happy Trails (until we meet again).



No comments:

Post a Comment