Thursday, January 16, 2014

For a Reason?

I heard this so many times "There are no accidents.  Everything happens for a reason."  Usually, it was said to me when I was talking about something negative that happened and I couldn't figure out why.  I am not sure that I really believe that sentiment and I know that most times when I hear it I am not happy about it.  I just can't figure out why we are accepting of it and I can't figure out why we think it is the thing to say to someone who is not feeling so great about something that just happened to them.  All it ever did for me was make me say "Yeah, right but why to me?"

So, here I am in Anchorage, AK (a beautiful place to live) and I am going through Mover's Remorse (I made up this name one day when I was talking to my Realtor Friend who always talked about Buyer's Remorse) and even though I know relocating is difficult, I still in my hope of hopes wished it to be different for me.  My philosophy is that wishing won't do it unless you do the work that goes with it, and I am trying to do the work but all those on-line applications just get on my nerves.  I just want a job and a routine.  So, enough of this rant.  I have an interview today for a part-time job that will give me just about enough money to cover my rent when I get a studio apartment in April.  So, if I get the job it will be a start.  The only problem with the job is that it is in a craft store and I love crafting, so I have to not try to buy all the items I left behind.  I can self-discipline if I put my mind to it.  So, maybe this will be a good start.

And, here is a picture of a some good  starts...

Beautiful Sunrise

Natural Vitamin C


A Stack of Empty Journals

An Organized Desk

 I feel the positive energy and I better end this Blog and go get ready for my big day.  I actually have three things on the calendar:  job interview, Poetry in Memoir Class, and a get-together with a friend after she gets off work.  There is snow on the ground but I haven't had trouble getting out of my driveway or on the roads (knock on wood).  I have had trouble getting up my drive-way but that is hours away and I have cinders to put down if I need traction.  I also know to use lower gears.

Happy Trails, until we meet again.


No comments:

Post a Comment