Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Matter of Trust

This morning before I met some friends for breakfast, I decided to open my Medicine Cards Book to a random page.  I used to do this a long time ago and I remember that reading about the animal chosen (by the flipping to a page) gave me something to focus on for the day.  Today the animal revealed is the Porcupine.  My first thought when I saw it was the porcupine that I saw last year at the Animal Conservation Center just outside of Anchorage.

Snow-dusted Porcupine
Here is what I learned about the Porcupine from my Medicine Cards Companion Book:  Of the 4 Cardinal Directions of the Medicine Wheel, Porcupine is positioned in the South, the place of child-like innocence and humility.  The Porcupine has the medicine of faith and trust--trusting in the Plan that is already laid out for you.

Porcupine is a gentle, loving creature and is non-aggressive in nature.  He only uses his quills when trust has been broken.

As a human walking the Path that was laid out for my journey, it is up to me to make decisions for pursuing what is most beneficial for me and I need to use my talents to to progress on my Journey and further the Plan.

Trust can open doorways to the creation of space.  The space thus created allows others to open their hearts to you and to share their gifts of love, joy, and companionship.   Medicine Cards, Jamie Sams & David Carson.

And, as I travel on my Journey what I find to be a most important discipline is to Chose to be present in all my endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment